This video gives an overview of the Playroom. This is information I give to parents during a tour, or what I tell people when they ask about what we do at our school.
If you ARE NOT teaching in the Playroom watch this video, then you may choose to move to the next topic. If you ARE teaching in the Playroom watch this video, then continue scrolling down this page.
- Students play throughout the centers
- We continue the bilingual piece throughout the entire school
- Help students learn to share, socialize, and clean up their areas
- They eat a snack brought from home (we ask that names are on all lunchboxes and cups)
- Snack rules: We don't share food, no candy, cups should have lids to prevent spilling
What will my everyday look like?
What about Spanish?
basic playroom rules
The importance of play
Types of PLay
- Log onto our A+ Teachers Facebook group
- Post "I have completed Workshop One. Here are five things I learned about teaching in the Playroom..."
- Write five things you have learned. Elaborate. Example: please do not simply write "cooperative play". Instead, write what cooperative play is, how students benefit from it, etc. I need to see that you have absorbed the information.